Our daily TLDR of important AI stories you need to know.
OpenAI will release ChatGPT for Android this week; Sign-ups begin
The US-based AI firm is expected to integrate a new feature – custom suggestions – in its ChatGPT app.
- OpenAI, led by Sam Altman, has revealed that it will soon release an Android version of ChatGPT. The company shared the news via a tweet on July 22. It has also provided a pre-order page on the Google Play Store to help users register for installation as soon as the application is ready.
- The US-based AI firm is expected to include a new feature – “custom suggestions” – in its ChatGPT app. This will enable app users to provide specific instructions and information to the chatbot.
Microsoft is testing Bing Chat on Safari and Chrome with select users
Previously, the chatbot was limited to Microsoft’s Bing browser, and this change will make it available to a wider range of users.
- Microsoft has begun rolling out Bing Chat, the company’s AI chatbot based on OpenAI’s GPT-4 model, to Apple’s Safari browser and Google’s Chrome web browser.
- Chatbot for Chrome and Safari has some limitations. according to Windows latest, Bing Chat in Chrome is limited to five messages per conversation instead of 30 in Microsoft Edge. The number of characters in Microsoft’s browser is limited to 2000 instead of 3000.
MIT’s new tool ‘Photoguard’ helps check AI manipulation
PhotoGuard prevents misuse of your photos by altering the pixels in the image in a way that makes it difficult for AI to understand.
- The tool prevents misuse of your photos by altering the pixels in an image in ways that make it difficult for AI to understand. The so-called “perturbations” are invisible to the human eye, but can still be read by AI, the report said.
- While the techniques are effective, they are by no means foolproof. A malicious actor can still reverse engineer the image by cropping, flipping it, or adding digital noise.
Find latest business news, Sensex and Nifty updates. Get personal financial insights, tax inquiries and expert opinions on MoneyControl or download the MoneyControl app to stay updated!