The India Meteorological Department (IMD) said heavy or very heavy rains are likely to continue over Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh for the next four days and taper off thereafter. Orange Alert has been announced in Uttarakhand till July 18 and in Himachal Pradesh till July 17.
July 15, 2023 | 09:49 PM IST
Weather Update: Heavy rains, yellow alert issued in Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan | IMD forecast (file image)
Meanwhile, active Monsoon conditions are expected to prevail over Central and East India during the next five days. A gradual decrease in rainfall activity is predicted over Northeast India. However, there will be an increase in rainfall activity along the west coast.
“The western edge of the monsoon trough has shifted south and lies near its normal position, while the eastern edge continues to operate near its normal position. The monsoon trough is passing southeast through Ganganagar, Hisar, Aligarh, Orai, Sidhi, Daltanganj and Digha. East Bay of Bengal,” the IMD stated. , a cyclonic storm develops over northwest Bay of Bengal and adjacent north Odisha-Gangetic West Bengal coasts.
Rain warning in northwest India:
- Isolated heavy to very heavy rain, thundershowers and thundershowers are likely to continue over Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
- Isolated heavy rain is likely over Uttar Pradesh and East Rajasthan during the next four days.
- Isolated heavy rain is likely over Uttarakhand on Monday.
- A yellow alert has been issued in Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan for the next four days.
Rain warning for East and Northeast India:
- Fairly widespread to widespread rain with isolated heavy rain is expected over Northeast India and sub-Himalayan West Bengal and Sikkim on Sunday.
- Similar weather is likely to continue in Odisha till July 18 and Jharkhand on Monday.
- Isolated heavy or very heavy rain is likely over Odisha on Monday.
Rain warning in central India:
- Light/moderate to moderate to widespread rains with possibility of isolated heavy rains, thundershowers and thundershowers are likely over the region during the next five days.
- Isolated heavy to very heavy rain is expected over East Madhya Pradesh till July 17, West Bengal till July 16 and Chhattisgarh till July 17.
Rain warning in West India:
- Isolated heavy to very heavy rains are likely to continue over the Konkan, Goa and Ghat regions of central Maharashtra during the next five days.
- Similar weather conditions are expected in Gujarat on July 19.
Rain warning in South India:
- Light/moderate scattered or fairly widespread rains with isolated heavy rains are likely over coastal Karnataka till July 19.
- Similar weather conditions are expected over Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Kerala, Mahi and interior Karnataka on July 18 and 19.
#IMD #Weather #Update #Heavy #rains #Uttarakhand #Himachal #Yellow #Alert #states