The India Meteorological Department (IMD)-Shimla has predicted a moderate to high risk of flash food till July 17 in a few watersheds and adjacent areas of Champa, Kangra, Sirmaur, Shimla and Kullu districts of Himachal Pradesh.
July 16, 2023 | 04:59 PM IST
IMD Weather Update: ‘Moderate to high risk’ of floods in many parts of Himachal Pradesh till July 17 (file image)
The IMD said that under the influence of the cyclonic storm in the Northwest Bay of Bengal yesterday, a low pressure area formed over North Odisha and adjoining Gangetic West Bengal and Jharkhand. Rain activity is likely to increase over the west coast of the country and decrease over northeast India from July 17.
Rain warning in northwest India:
- Himachal Pradesh in next 5 days and Uttarakhand and East Uttar Pradesh in next 3 days; Haryana-Chandigarh and in the next 2 days; Moderate to widespread rains are likely to continue over West Uttar Pradesh and East Rajasthan. In the next 4 days; West Rajasthan on July 18 and 19 and Jammu-Kashmir-Ladakh-Gilgit-Baltistan-Muzaffarabad on July 20,” the IMD said in its weather bulletin.
- Over the next two days, isolated heavy to very heavy rain is likely over Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand on Monday and Tuesday over East Rajasthan.
- Isolated thunderstorms and thunderstorms are expected to continue over the region over the next three to four days.
Rain warning in West India:
- Light to moderate to widespread isolated heavy rains are likely to continue over the region during the next five days.
- Isolated heavy to very heavy rain over Konkan and Goa, ghat areas of central Maharashtra between July 18 and 20 and Gujarat state on July 19 and 20.
- Isolated thunderstorms and thunderstorms are likely to continue in the region on Sunday and Monday.
Rain warning in central India:
- Isolated heavy rains, thundershowers and thundershowers are expected over the region during the next five days.
- Isolated heavy to very heavy rain is forecast over East Madhya Pradesh till July 18, West Madhya Pradesh and Vidarbha on July 16 and 18 and Chhattisgarh till July 17.
Rain warning in East India:
- Widespread rain is likely over Odisha during the next five days, Andaman and Nicobar Islands between July 17 and 19, West Bengal and Sikkim with isolated heavy rain on Sunday.
- Isolated heavy to very heavy rain is expected over Jharkhand and Odisha during the next 24 hours.
- Isolated thundershowers and thundershowers are likely to continue over Bihar, West Bengal and Sikkim during the next two days and Andaman and Nicobar Islands during the next five days.
Rain warning for Northeast India:
- On July 16, Arunachal Pradesh is likely to experience isolated heavy rain with thundershowers and thundershowers.
- Similar weather is expected to continue over Assam and Meghalaya on Sunday and Monday and over Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura till Monday.
Rain warning in South India:
- “Fairly widespread rain with isolated heavy rain is likely over coastal Karnataka and Telangana from July 16 to 20, over Kerala and Mahi and coastal areas from July 17 to 20 and interior from July 18 to 20. Karnataka on July 19 and 20,” the weather agency said.
- Isolated thunder and lightning is expected to continue over coastal Andhra Pradesh and Yanam till July 20 and over Telangana, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Karakal till July 17.
#IMD #Weather #Update #Flash #floods #parts #Himachal #Pradesh #July