• Wed. Feb 28th, 2024

Sachin Pilot’s report may leave, Congress ‘90% problem solved’ response

Sachin Pilot’s report may leave, Congress ‘90% problem solved’ response

Putting an end to speculations of former deputy chief minister Sachin Pilot forming a new party, Rajasthan Congress general secretary in-charge Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa on Tuesday said no such development has taken place and it will never take place. He claims that 90 percent of the pilot’s problems have been resolved.

Congress leader Sachin Pilot. (ANI file)

“There are things like that. Just because some people in the media and newspapers have raised the issue, there is nothing and there will be nothing. Just hearing from you about forming a team, there is no such thing. There was no such intention even before the pilot or there is still no such intention,” Randhawa told reporters in Jaipur. When asked about the formation of a new team of pilots.

About the reunion meeting between Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and Pilot, Radhawa said, “We sat and discussed in Delhi for about four hours. All spoke, including Rahul Gandhi and KC Venugopal. We have heard from two leaders. Both of them were called together ‘You are an asset to the Congress’. They both said they will work together.

The leadership met Gehlot and Pilot separately on May 29. After the meeting, Venugopal said that “Both Gehlot and Pilot – agreed that the Congress party should go together and vote unitedly”.

On the question of forming a committee on the demands raised by the pilot, he said, “The case was with the High Command. In the meeting, 90 percent of the problems are solved, and in the remaining 10 percent there are no such problems. Everyone agreed, and that’s why they came out together with Venugopal and made the announcement right there in front of the media.”

On the reconciliation formula, Randhawa said, “There was a reconciliation formula, both of them knew it, and from what Venugopal said after coming out, you could sense that both wanted to work together.”

When asked about the position or responsibility of the pilot, he said that according to the status of a leader, they will all be given responsibility. “The compromise formula was finalized in the meeting itself, that formula. I won’t tell you,” he said.

Ashok Gehlot vs Sachin Pilot

Gehlot and his former deputy Pilot have been embroiled in a power struggle since the Congress formed the government in Rajasthan in 2018 and the party is seeking to reconcile the two ahead of assembly elections in the state later this year.

Speculations are rife that the pilot may give a clear indication of his path forward when he observes his father’s death anniversary in Dausa on June 11.

(translates to tags

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *